I went over 144 hours (that’s over 6 days) with no sleep. I was coming unraveled emotionally, weepy and overwhelmed… Why can’t I sleep???
I tried every trick to get some shut-eye after a botched operation. I was at my wit’s end, so I called a dear friend and high performance coach for help.
After hearing about my story and telling him everything that’s happened to me, he told me: you need to breathe.
He told me the breath pattern I needed to do while meditating, and I hung up, laid down on the floor in my bedroom and started practicing.
In about an hour, I felt myself dozing off. So I got up from the floor and crawled into bed.
That was the first time since my surgery that I was able to sleep.
When I started hearing my colleagues talk about the amazing benefits of breathwork, and even incorporating it as a spiritual practice, I knew this was something powerful that we all need to learn!
In this interview, I’m talking with my friend Josh Trent about the power of breathwork for re-regulating your nervous system so you can induce a parasympathetic response to get better sleep, manage stress and start healing.
Together, we explore:
- Start your day right! Why “Circular Breathing” is a crucial
practice to add to your morning routine
- If you’re new to breathwork, learn this simple strategy to get you started
- Need to reconnect with your partner? This breathing exercise done together will help you feel more connected with each other
- Get BETTER sleep in less than 5 minutes! Use this breathing technique to prime your parasympathetic nervous system for great sleep
- Bye-bye depression! Use the “two-part breath” exercise to release negative emotions and feel at peace